We are bound to run out of weekend ideas when living in a small city-state like Singapore. Luckily, Singapore is in an idyllic position, where tropical summer is all-year round, and calm seas surround it. This creates the perfect setting to take your leisure time up a notch with a unique and memorable yacht experience!
Why you should rent a yacht?
Renting a yacht comes with exclusivity, uniqueness and unparalleled prestige. This causes many Singaporeans to believe that yachts are suited only for the rich and elite. Fortunately, that is far from the truth. Renting a yacht is actually pretty affordable, at $1299 for 18 people. That’s about $72 per person for four hours, and $18 per hour. In addition, yachts are versatile event spaces that can host special events like corporate retreats, birthdays and wedding solemnisations.
SunRise, is a beautiful 40-feet (12 metres) sailing catamaran. It’s made up of 3 interior cabins, open deck space and cruising capacity of up to 18 guests. It is double-hulled which makes for very stable cruising out at sea. This means that you can move around freely without any worries of falling over. Furthermore, it is especially ideal for guests who are susceptible to sea sickness.
SunRise is also equipped with many amenities to ensure you are always comfortable when sailing with us. There’s kitchen facilities such as a refrigerator and microwave, washrooms with heated showers and air-conditioning for you to cool off. There is also a trampoline-style seating net that offers an unobstructed 360 degree view of the Southern offshore islands. A perfect Instagram spot! The yacht also comes with complimentary use of kayaks, snorkel kits and fishing rods which can be used during charter.
So what does a typical yacht rental itinerary entail?
Our itinerary is pretty straightforward. You’ll first meet our Captain and crew at ONE°15 Marina Club 10 minutes before your trip. They will walk you to the yacht which is about a 2-min walk away.
Next, you will be given a safety briefing and once that’s over, you’ll depart for Lazarus Island. After a 30-min sail from the marina, the yacht will reach Lazarus Pier and will remain there throughout till departure. During this time, you can stay on the yacht, enjoy water activities or explore the Lazarus Island on foot.
We also offer BBQ onboard during our charters! You can request for them at least 3 days before the charter day. While you enjoy the water activities, our crew will prepare and cook the food for you. Menus can be provided upon request.
About 30 minutes before the end of the trip, report back to the yacht and our Captain and crew will bring you back to the marina. However, if you’ve opted for add-on services like the Marina Bay City Skyline and Southern Islands cruise, our yacht will leave Lazarus Island a little earlier so that you can enjoy your additional cruise. Once you’ve cruised past the Southern Islands and City Skyline, our Captain and crew will sail you back to the marina, thus concluding the rental experience.
Now that you’ve gained more information about our yacht rental services, are you thinking of trying out a yacht for your next gathering?
Renting a yacht is really simple
We are always committed in ensuring that our guests have a seamless user experience when booking a yacht with us. Our website is pretty comprehensive, containing useful information about our yacht, our prices, our additional services, along with videos and pictures to allow you to have a better visualisation of the rental experience.
To enquire about our yacht’s availability, all you’ll have to do is fill up the online booking form, which will take you about a minute or two. In addition, you can also contact us directly via WhatsApp or email where we can attend to your enquiries and requests immediately.
Simply provide us with the following information:
- Preferred Date of Rental
- Preferred Time of Rental
- Number of Pax attending
- Your Name and Email Address.
We will check our booking calendar before getting back on availability and subsequent steps for booking. With our WhatsApp line, you can also directly ask us your own questions about the yacht and the additional services we provide.
We can be very flexible with your requests. For instance, if you are planning a surprise proposal, let us know early and we can help with the necessary arrangements i.e. decorations, flower collection etc.
Once you’ve decided to go ahead with the rental, all you have to do is pay us in full via PayNow or Bank Transfer and we will promptly send a confirmation email which states clear instructions on what to expect on the day of rental, as well as contact information of the Captain and crew who will be accompanying you during the trip.
Things to note when renting a yacht with us
Renting a yacht with us comes with a set of Terms and Conditions which our guests should adhere to, especially in terms of postponements, refund policies and cancellations.
- As we do not charge corkage fees, feel free to bring your own food, drinks and cutlery, unless you cater from us.
- For hygiene purposes, please bring your own towels and toiletries as we do not provide them.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations but postponement is allowed. Changes to date of booking will incur a $50 admin fee and the next booking date must be within 1 month from the date of initial booking. Thereafter, the booking will expire. Please speak to us and we will assist you with your date change.
- There will be no refunds if lesser pax attend or for cancellation of any services booked. Offsetting paid amount for one service for another is not allowed.
- As we charter in local waters, there is no need to bring a passport.
- Strictly NO SMOKING on board our yacht at all times.
- We’ll assess the weather before the trip. If it’s raining, the trip will be postponed for up to 30 minutes. If the rain persists, guests will be able to reschedule at their convenience. However, there will be no refunds for cancellations. If it rains during the charter, no postponement is allowed and there will be no refund for unused hours. If it’s light rain, we can still go ahead with the trip.
- No pets are allowed on our yacht.
- We provide life jackets for children aged 5 years and older. However, if you have infants and kids below 5 years of age, it’s strongly advised for you to bring your own jackets.
On that note, we look forward to serving you onboard SunRise, and provide you with the best local nautical experience around the Singapore Strait!